Thursday, August 11, 2005

Dr.'s Appointment

I was at the Dr.'s office yesterday to get my test result. I just went for the annual checkup, sugar, pressure, cholesterol,..., .
Hi, I have an appointment at 3:45.
-We'll the Dr. is in a surgery. Please have a sit.
How long do you anticipate to take before the Dr. gets here?
-Oh, about 30 Minutes.
May I reschedule because I have to be somewhere. I asked.
-Well, we have your lab results and the Dr. Needs to talk to you about it. There is a note on the folder.

What? What's wrong with me? I thought as I sat down in a cold Burgundy chair. For a minute my whole life came before me. What if the Dr. tells me that I only have another 10 or 8 years to live. What would I be doing differently? Where would I go? With whom would I spend most of my time?
I felt that my heart was beating faster and my pressure was rising. I never realized how much I liked to be alive. I always thought that I would not care if I die today. So what has changed?
I was pleased to realize that I would not be doing anything differently in my life. Except spending more time with my family. I am living my life day by day to its fullest just the way I want it. "Live as if it is your last day alive and love as if you have never been heart before." Finally the Dr. Came and told me that everything is perfect!!!
What would you do differently if you only had another 10 years to live?

5 comments:

Cyrus said...

10 years?
You know, I prefer 10 days to 10 years coz the long waiting time will kill me...
Nothing special. In my opinion, everybody should live in such a way that the moment of death brings no sadness to him/her. Just be kind to the people. That's all.

nyx said...

I wouldn't do anything different either, because the bad things has made me grow, and the good has been a bonus. I try to be a better person, every day. I often fail... but at least I try :-)
And by doing so, I hope I make a difference.
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. You've made me a very happy gal today.

Anonymous said...

only 10years?
Well, I guess I won't go for a tenure-tracked position. . .I might pick just a teaching position in a college. and I mgiht think of having a baby sooner than later. I would love to leave when my love has something of both of us left and I will see our children grow a bit before it's too late.

Anonymous said...

That’s toughie I think, I’ll retire first and decide next decide to how to fully live my life the next 3652 or so days. Day one, I’ll buy a big life insurance and pick a beneficiary and have more sex. Day two, have more sex and …

Anonymous said...

Opps, I left out. Day one, trade in my Porsche for a new on and have more sex. Well, in any order, doesn’t matter.