Thursday, November 30, 2006

Response

People who are religious have it very easy because god and any thing related to god is all based on faith. They don’t ask any questions. They are just followers and that’s called faith. On the other hand, the thinkers would have a hard time. The thinkers are also more responsible as they accept responsibilities for their lives. But again we are so powerless. Imagine a bee entering your noise. That could potentially kill you. So how much control do you have over your life?

So maybe god is part of us or maybe we are god to some extend. And scientifically that is the power of your mind. You can have anything you want if you specifically ask for it. But how do you know what’s good for you? In fact there is a movie where this guy has the power to go back in time and create his life the way he wanted from birth or childhood, but every time something else went wrong. Anyone has seen that movie?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The movie was, Click, with Adam Sandler. I really despised him when he was on SNL, but I’ve liked all his movies so far. I did not see Click and the rest were just on HBO.
As far as religious people having it easy, I agree. I also tend to think Religion is route of all evil. Look what they are doing to each other in Iraq now. Go back and check the rest of history and see what people have done to each other in the name of religion. Of course you know I’m not talking about the moderate ones. I hope this wasn’t to lengthy. Just kidding :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry! That's supposed to be "root of all evil", although "route" makes sense too!
Also, come to find out that, "The Root of All Evil", was a television documentary, written and presented by Richard Dawkins, one of my heros, in which he argues that the world would be a better off without religion. It was first broadcast in Jan. 2006, on Channel 4 in the UK. He did not like the title though! In Sept. 2006, he released, "The God Delusion", his latest book.

Anonymous said...

Have I embarrassed myself enough for one day? As soon as I posted my previous comment, correcting a previous error, I realized, “heroes” is spelled wrong. Where is Spell Check when I need it?

Anonymous said...

I don't think religous people have it easy at all. I think it is a lot more difficult to be hard core religious these days and stick to your convictions despite all the temptations that exists and the criticizm than becoming an athiest. I think I'm sticking up for the .0001% true religious people, not the 99.9999% who are hypocritz or the fanatics! :-) SBN

shadi said...

but not knowing is part of the excitement, no?

glad u're writing again! :-)