Sunday, December 17, 2006

Over the years

I saw an old lover this weekend. Over the last few year, he has grown, became kinder and calmer. We spend the whole night, eating, drinking red wine, talking, looking at the read fire and listing to great music.

People come and go in your life, but there are very few who remain in your life over the years. Every birthday I compare the people that surround me or call me. This year I got a lot of calls from my friends. On my actual birthday I saw some random people that I had not seen for a long time. I spend the night of my B-day with the last people on earth that I thought I would spend my birthday with. And interestingly the very few people that I taught I would see were not there.
People come and go.

5 comments:

bijan said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't go Anonymous. I don't know what happened. A day after I
left my comments on your posts (new & old) all were changed to Anonymous. I was very puzzled and thought perhaps you did something! I’m not trying to be rude and I see it as more teasing you, but I can see how you must have hurried to write your post. Check out “red fire” and “listening to music.” As I said before, my spelling is really pathetic and atrocious. Although I try to be careful, I never fail to find more typos as soon as I submit a post. So, when I see others make similar errors, I giggle and go hehehe :)

bijan said...

Btw, while we are on the subject of “teasing” each other, since I have no confidence in my spelling, I checked it again. “answered” does have an “e” 

bijan said...

Back to the real business of commenting on your post. Life’s randomness, occasionally, reminds us how inconsistent it can be. I hope you had a good time and enjoyed your special day. For better or worst, we change, so do people around us. You can’t take anything or anyone for granted. We even manage to surprise ourselves, like you spending your b/d with the least likely person you thought you ever would!

Anonymous said...

People come and go... but both sides have to put in the effort to stay in touch. Also, maybe you want to think about why is it that so many people come in and out of your life, and only a few remain??? Surrounding yourselfe with so many friends that allows you to spend very little time with each is worse than having a few good friends who you spend most of your free time with. People are different?! Whatever works for you!
Happy belated birthday!?! I like your writing... but sometimes I wish you be more specific than just being so general! Remember, you are blogging, so some people may not know you like your circle of friends who read it. Take care.

shadi said...

this post gave me goosebumps... people come and go... some we're responsible for and some not... but they sure come and go... and in the process we learn valuable lessons...

thanx for linking me to my husband on ur b'day :-)